the never-ending pursuit of self-improvement

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

My old coach told me that I should start a running blog. Like most people who start running blogs, I asked myself why the hell anyone would ever want to read anything I write about running. And like most people who start running blogs, I eventually caved and started one anyways.

The gist I got from Bob was that people are more interested in the time you ran into your all-time favorite American female runner at a party after Club Nationals but were too many drinks deep to say anything other than "you're like my favorite":


Or the time Kara Goucher showed up at some random XC meet in Oregon, hung out with you and your teammates before the race, won the race, and then humored your fangirl questions after:


Or the time you met up with the only other girl on LetsRun:


Or the time you and your boyfriend met up with two total strangers from LetsRun to watch a track meet, stalked Jordan Hasay to the outdoor track, watched her post-race workout, and accidentally ran into Alan Webb:


Or your ridiculous race faces and how much they (hopefully) contrast with your normal faces:



Or even just how much you love being a part of Club Northwest:


Than the fact that you ran seventy-seven miles last week including two strength workouts and two quality days (that might be interesting, but that's what my DailyMile is for). The stories. And since I'm the biggest running nerd I know, I have plenty of stories.

So I'll post them here.

3 comments:

  1. "why the hell anyone would ever want to read anything I write about running"

    For me it's primarily so my mom doesn't worry about me and I don't need to have hours long conversations with her when she asks how my running is going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I'd be pretty worried too if I had a son doing 140 mile weeks! Or happy. Not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That race pic contrasted with the cute dress pic is AMAZING. <3

    ReplyDelete