the never-ending pursuit of self-improvement

Friday, February 7, 2014

Things I worry about before a low-key 5K and the weird things I say to comfort myself

What if I drive and there's nowhere to put my keys?

Then run there. It's a mile and a half away.

What if I run there and it's cold and I'm sitting there freezing before the race?

Then dress warmly and wear a warm-up jacket.

What if I need my ID to check in but I don't have my stuff because I'm not driving and I can't check in?

Bring your license if it makes you feel better.

What if someone steals my warm-up jacket with my license in it?

Then you won't notice until after the race anyways, so who really cares?

What if there are no safety pins to pin my number to my shirt?

What? Seriously, Talia?

MY NAILS AREN'T ORANGE. I FORGOT TO PAINT MY NAILS.

So paint your goddamn nails.

But it's 8:50 PM and if I paint my nails now I might not go to bed in time.

Then don't paint your nails.

Should I wear the blue underpants or the red underpants?

Is this a real question?

This is going to hurt!

That should be exciting.

...

In case you're wondering, I went with these team-colored nails:


I'll be wearing mittens. So, um, yeah. No idea why this matters at all. Rituals I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment